How do I install StatCounter using Shopify?
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter and follow the steps to create your first project and generate your StatCounter code.
- If prompted, make sure to choose Shopify from the list of Installation Guides.
- Copy the StatCounter code.
- Login to your Shopify account (opens in new window).
- Click the themes option on left hand side of screen.
- Click Customize Theme.
- Click Template Editor.
- Under layouts on left hand side, select theme.liquid
- Paste your StatCounter code at the end of text, before end of html.
- Click 'save'.
StatCounter is now active on your Shopify and will immediately begin recording visitor information.
These instructions have been compiled and verified: August 2014
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.